Monday 13 October 2008

How to set up wireless network in home

Upto this point I was of the view that wireless network for home would be a costly option, but after taking the initiative of establishing one in my home, I think otherwise. At the end of the day it is not just the cost of the equipment that matters, a lot of other things should also be kept in mind. e.g. in this case one should consider the following points.

In Favor:

  • No need for long networking cables.
  • Increased mobility.
  • Addition of another computer in the network is easier.

Against:

  • Expensive.
  • More power consumption due to wireless transmission.
  • Less data rate as compared to wired network.

After having a look at these points, I went for wireless option because by setting up a wireless network I am able to connect my laptop from my bedroom to the internet. Secondly in order to connect my home computers there is no need for LAN cable, I simply installed the wireless adapters in them and they got connected with each other J.

And after all this solution is not that expensive either, believe me the wireless router ( with 4 port switch) and wireless adapter costs just RS 3500 ( around $50).

No comments: