Tuesday 15 September 2009

Google Calendar makes it easier to root for your teams

Born into a lineage of former UCLA Bruins, I was born wearing baby blue and gold, and thrilled to become a part of the tradition when, as a student, I trekked out to the Rose Bowl to support my favorite football team. I still like to keep up with the games -- even if I'm no longer sitting in the student section -- which is why the recently launched Sports Calendar is my new favorite feature in Google Calendar.

In addition to pro sports, there is now a way an easy to keep up with NCAA game schedules. For all you Bruins fans like me, this schedule really comes in handy.



Even better, the Calendar team has also launched a trend chart indicating the popularity of team calendars, which might help ignite some of that competitive spirit. (I, for one, cannot bear to see the Trojans ranked above my Bruins!)

To subscribe to your team's calendar - or other teams you'd like to keep up with - log in to your Calendar and Click "Add" to browse some of the interesting calendars that you can follow. And make sure to spread the word on campus so that your school team has a better ranking than your rival's, regardless of the scoreboard.