Wednesday 9 December 2009

Where on Earth? Place Pages for Google Earth


When I'm exploring my neighborhood or planning a trip, I often find places I want to know more about. That's why I love using Place Pages for Google Maps to see lots of great information about a place on a single page. I can browse photos of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney, write a review of a favorite restaurant in my neighborhood, or learn about popular places in Lucerne, Switzerland.

Starting today, you can see the same rich Place Page content in Google Earth, while browsing the world in 3D. You can see a summary whenever you click on a business or place of interest, and then click the View more information »
link if you'd like to see more. Today, I explored some of the landmarks in Dubai:

You can also expand individual sections to see more reviews, photos, web pages, or user content. When I noticed a beautiful user-contributed 3D model of the Florence Cathedral, I wanted to see photos of the interior so I browsed through the photos section of the Place Page:


If you're a business owner, you can update your details in our Local Business Center, to ensure we're showing the most accurate information to people searching for your business in both Google Maps and Google Earth. We hope you enjoy exploring the new Place Pages in Google Earth and find them to be a helpful way to learn more about all the interesting places you see during your virtual browsing




No comments: